Foundry equipment comprises machine, devices, and tools that are employed in foundries and metal casting facilities to carry out a number of requirements and functions. A spectrum of foundry systems and equipment are available in the market that is made use of in applications, as broad as mould, automation, and making and core, safety, laboratory and environmental conservation, inspecting and testing, finishing and cleaning, etc.
Foundry equipment can make short work of various tasks, lessen the number of workers needed for a particular job and better the profits and performance of foundries and casting facilities. There are many advantages of employing state–of–the–art equipment in foundries: flexibility – their utility lies in carrying out a number of other functions and tasks; configurability – foundry equipment can be easily configured and modified to meet different needs and facilitate a no–nonsense way to carry out various activities and tasks.
There are several types of foundry equipment: laboratory; automation; safety & environmental; mould; core & sand; cleaning & finishing; packaging & shipping; pouring, melting & heat treatment instrument; inspection & testing; software & management system and peripherals.
Advantages of Foundry equipment:
- Automation of routine functions, systems, and tasks within the environment of the foundries
- Improvement of casting output and production capacity
- Robotic systems can be put to use to carry out risky works like degating and pouring
- Enhanced production output and quality and reduced iterative errors.
- An extended service life of foundry systems and machines due to overall improved performance
- Increased environment and safety protection
Integration of various tasks and functions to streamline existing operations and better optimization of performance